You may have noticed recently - or not - that I've been quite absent on my blog recently, i took an unplanned break.
Some posts have still been going up during August, but I've not actually sat down and done blog photos or any planning for about 4 weeks which is quite a long time for me but I'd be lying if i said i hadn't enjoyed the break.
I've been blogging for almost 5 years now and it's so easy to get stuck in a rut and a routine that it can end up feeling like a chore, so I've learnt to take a step back whenever i start feeling that way and i find that tends to help me get back on track.
Anyways, here are my 10 Happy Things from the month of August!
1. Elle Magazine where giving away the Benefit Dew The Hoola as there freebie, either this month or last and I'm so glad i got my hands on it as I'm really loving it and I've found myself using it almost daily. It's essentially a liquid bronzer and I've been using this to warm up my face.
2. If you read my last post (here) you'll know that i spent a couple of days in Scotland. It was really nice to get away for a few days and catch up with family. The views were lovely and it was just a nice break.
3. I recently rewatched Pan Am, it didn't take me very long because there's only one season and it's such a easy show to watch. It's definitely not everyone's cup of tea but i really enjoy it. It's about the Pan American Air Stewards; it's set in the 60s, it has some really interesting story lines and love the fashion too.
4. I finally got to have some snuggles with Oliver James - I've mentioned Oliver very briefly on my blog, but he's one of my best friend's adorable little boy. I've been so busy recently that I've not had chance to go and visit him and my friend so it was really nice to have a catch up with her and get snuggles off the little one.
5. I've reached my Club 10 - Club 10 is an award you get in Slimming World when you lose 10% of your body weight. I still don't see a massive difference in myself just but I'm so proud of myself.
6. I recently started watching Full House on Netflix, I've always been a big fan of the Olsen twins and this was the show that started their careers so I've always been curious to watch it and I'm obsessed. It's set in the 80s and is just a typical funny family sitcom.
7. I've been using the Essence Velvet Stick Matt Lip Colour in Peony for a while now and i love it. It's one of my go-to lipsticks if i don't know what i fancy wearing. It's a really gorgeous mauve pink shade and it's such an easy every day lip product.
8. I've really been loving StickWithMeshop youtube videos - she does EC planning videos. Her way of planning is quite different to any of the others that I've seen as she doesn't follow the typical 'No White Space' layout, i also i find them really theraputic to watch.
9. I recently got sent the Natural Collection Brow Pencil in Dark Brown* and you can read my full post on it here but I've been really enjoying using this brow pencil since i got it. It's dual ended with a brush on one end and the pencil on the other - it makes filling in my brows so quick and easy.
10. I wore the imPRESS Manicure in Bells & Whistles* to Scotland and you can see how they look in this post here. I absolutely loved using these - the looked really good and lasted ages on my nails, not to mention that it took barely any time of effort to apply.
How was everyone else's August?